Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year....

 My favorite time of the year has nothing to do with Christmas trees, presents, snow, or anything like that (even though I do admit, Christmas is probably my second favorite time of the year).  My favorite time of the year is October.  I LOVE October with all my heart.  

I love the cool, crisp fall air.

I love the leaves falling off the tree.

I LOVE Halloween.  It's my favorite Holiday.  I love to see little kids dress up.  I love to dress up.  I love candy.  What could be better?

This time of year has always been my favorite, ever since I was a little girl.  Some of my fondest memories of my dad and the rest of my family occurred during the Fall.  

So here are some of the great memories Scott and I made during this October that are now added to the list of some of my favorite fall memories.


For fall break, we went to the happiest place on earth, Disneyland!  We had a blast.  It's even more fun when you go with little kids.  Our nieces, Presli and Hali were there.  They make it all the more fun!


We also went to Thriller! for my birthday.  We had a friend who was dancing in the show, so it worked out just perfect!  I had been to Thriller once before but I had never been to it at Tuachan.  Scott had never been and he really doesn't like Halloween (we are working on changing that) so he was a little apprehensive.


There were all these zombies walking around everywhere, crawling over people, eating their popcorn, getting up in their face.  It was hilarious.  I don't know how these actors didn't crack a smile, there is no way I would have been able to do that.  One came up to me and growled at me.  She was so close I could feel her breath on my neck!  ha so fun!



The Johnson Family Halloween Party

What more can I say, my cousins throw a rockin Halloween party.  Everyone's costume is a big secret until that night.  Then, everyone comes out and reveals their costume. There have been so many clever ones in the past, it gets kind of hard to find a good idea.  There is definitely never a shortage of laughs at this party


My uncle Bruce is the black shadow in the left, you can't see him until you look!  Scott and I were the game operation.  We also had an appearance by a ninja turtle, Thomas the Train, a deviled egg, a black eyed pea, Jack Sparrow, Hannah Montana, Captain America, a witch, a surgery patient, a Reeses peanut butter cup, and a Penguin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment