Sunday, November 21, 2010

Life Lately


I know, I know I am a horrible blogger! Scott and I are both busy with work, school, and our family! Nonetheless, we will be married six months next week and I felt that I should catch everyone up on our life since then! The past six months have been full of fun, laughing, mistakes, more laughing at those mistakes, and lots of learning! Here's what we've been up to...


1: Honeymoon to Cancun

At the Base of a pyramid at Coba. This is one of the
last pyramids you can climb ! Being the historian that I am,
I absolutely ate this tour up.




Tulum! The best part about this spot was obviously the ocean and the view! Even though we saw more of people's bodies then we EVER wanted to see, it was still way fun! Second best part about this spot? When the bust driver told us that if we took the wrong road back, we might get kidnapped.

True? Maybe
Scared? YES!

Scott was actually sick the first few days of our Honeymoon, but after taking some Mexican Parasite Eliminator pills, he was good to go. I honestly can say that I have no idea what the pills
contained or what Scott was even sick with but after taking those, he was much better. In other circumstances, I would never allow ANYONE to take random parasite drugs, but hey, it was our Honeymoon! And now it makes a great story! After Scotty was feeling better, we went on a little Kayaking trip! Scott posing as an Abercrombie and Fitch model. Its an irresistible pose for Scott with an ore so easily accessible!



2: 1st Apartment

We moved into our first apartment at good old Raintree,
lucky number seven!



3: Boys Trip

I tagged along on the boys trip! Normally, there is a no girls allowed policy but one of Scott's families from his mission were going to the temple for the first time, so I broke the rules and tagged along! I must say, we had a blast! We mostly went to baseball games and ate. But lets be honest, what are vacations good for but eating?

Scotty and me at the Padres game!

About everywhere we went, I had a churro. For some reason, I was obsessed and couldn't
get enough of them! What a great trip!


4: Cardonas Temple Sealing

Here is the wonderful Cardonas Family! It was so great to see them again and to experience this special day with them. Hermana Cardona was so beautiful and even bought a wedding dress to celebrate this special day! We love you guys and were so happy to be apart
of your day!




5: Roomie Renunion

Had all my old roomies over for dinner! It was so great to get together with all of them again! Ali, Lo and I were engaged within months of each other and were married within a month of each other. There was a lot of wedding planning going in our apartment! I sure miss these girls and am so proud of all they have done! Nicole just got engaged! CONGRATS! Natalie is off to a mission in Romania in February! I am so grateful I got to spend my college years with them!





6: 22 Birthday

It's true, I am now 22... its so weird to think, especially because it feels like
I just graduated high school. However, I love being 22 so far! Scott surprised me and for my birthday we flew to Switzerland! Just kidding! But it seriously looks like it. I came home from work and he told me to pack my bags, we were leaving! We spend the night in Midway, near the homestead. It was the perfect getaway! It literally looked like a chunk of Austria was dropped in the middle of western Utah. The fall colors were beautiful. The next day we shopped in Park City and ate at Cafe Rio!

Also, if you'll notice of my cake, we have, in the place of candles, matches. We didn't have candles but I still wanted to blow something out so I could have a wish! We therefore put two matches in my cake, lit them, and Scott hurriedly sang happy birthday to me while the matches quickly burnt. Sad but true!


7: Dinner with Scott's Mission Companion

Elder Woolley was Scott's first trainer when he was transferred to spanish speaking. They have been great friends since then and it was great to have him and his "friend" over for dinner! Thanks for a great night!



8: Run for Cancer

Scott's job sponsored us to run in this 5-K a couple weeks ago! This was our first race as a married couple so of course we had to take a picture to remember it by! We finished in great time and were so glad we helped support a great cause.



9: Austin's Blessing

This little guy is Clint and Angie's new trouble maker! He is so sweet and little, as all new babies are. We traveled up to Logan for his blessing. It was great to have all the family together and to celebrate Austin's birth! So happy for you guys!



10: Currently


Scotty and myself at BYU's last home football game. Cold but fun!
Scott is working.
So am I.
Scott never has homework.
I am trying to stay on top of my homework.
Scott is busy creating apps (and looking good, Scott adds).
I am trying to write a paper for the National Conference of Undergraduate Research.
Registering for classes.
Scott has 25.
I have 4.
And of course, finding time for fun, family, and friends.


So happy with the first six months and can't wait to see what happens in the next!


1 comment:

  1. Love the update! It looks likes you guys are just living the life. Hopefully I'll see you two love birds soon:)

    ReplyDelete